This space is for FREE posting of administrator career openings! Please contact the Website Coordinator to make arrangements.
Finance Officer, Town of Grenfell
The Town of Grenfell is seeking a full-time Finance Officer to provide professional financial services and leadership for the Town.
Ideally, you have worked in a public sector accounting environment and have an excellent understanding of municipal accounting.
A community of approximately 1400 people (Sask Health), Grenfell is a safe, active and growing community that is close to the City of Regina with small town appeal. Located along the Trans-Canada Highway and Highway #47, Grenfell is a local hub of activity with a wide range of businesses, services and recreational amenities and is near the Qu’Appelle Valley.
With your professional accounting designation or related post-secondary education in accounting, complimented by at least two (2) years of extensive experience in a senior financial management role, or as a Finance Officer in a municipal setting or equivalent senior leadership experience within a complex and diverse organization, you will play an important role in the municipality’s success. Council is prepared to compensate the right candidate with a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefit package.
If you meet the minimum skills and qualifications, salary range for the position is $50,000 – $65,000/annum.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to submit their resume, a covering letter, three work related references and salary expectations to the following:
800 Desmond Street, Grenfell, SK, S0G 2B0
RE: Finance Officer Competition
Attn: Victoria MacDonald, CAO
Town of Grenfell, SK
A job description is available at www.townofgrenfell.com. Only candidates selected to be interviewed will be contacted.
Office Assistant, Town of Cut Knife
The Town of Cut Knife is seeking an office assistant with experience working in municipal government. The office assistant, under the direction of the Administrator, will provide support in all aspects of municipal administration including, but not limited to: record preparation, assessment and taxation, tax enforcement, financial operations, zoning and subdivisions, permit processing, policy and courses of action as determined by Council.
Applicants should have accounting experience, computer skills, public relations skills, ability to take direction. Confidentiality is requirement. The successful applicant will report to the Administrator.
Knowledge in the workings of a municipal office and accounting practices would be an asset. Previous computer experience is required. Duties include reception, general office duties and support to the administrator. Experience in Municipal accounting, accounts payable, accounts receivable, utility billing, Munisoft and Sage accounting would be an asset.
Preferred Candidate will possess:
- Be friendly, professional, courteous and efficient when working with all customers and employees;
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and communication skills both verbal and written;
- Attention to detail and ability to multi task and problem solve.
Wage is dependent upon qualifications and experience.
Please email email@example.com or mail resumes to Town of Cut Knife
Box 130, Cut Knife Saskatchewan, S0M 0N0
Deadline is September 1, 2019
Rural Municipal Administrator, Rural Municipality of Hoodoo
An exciting and diverse career in municipal administration is waiting for you! On behalf of our client, the Rural Municipality of Hoodoo, we are searching for a Rural Municipal Administrator to join their team in Cudworth. As the Administrator you will be integral to the operations of the rural municipality while being the main point of contact between ratepayers, councils and governments. You will have the ability to contribute to the overall sustainability of the community as well be in touch with everything within the municipality including fire protection services to taxation to celebrating community milestones. If you are looking for a diverse and challenging career that is rewarding and offers a chance to make a real difference within the community this may be the role for you!
Reporting to Council, the Administrator is responsible for the overall administration, financial management and human resources management of the municipality. The Administrator must maintain a professional code of conduct, demonstrate integrity, and exercise sound business judgement in carrying out the responsibilities consistent with the R.M. of Hoodoo’s strategic plan
The Administrator is the administrative head of the municipality and is responsible for the overall administration of the municipality including:
- Meetings of Council – preparing and organizing all meeting agendas; recording the minutes of all municipal meetings; and providing council with sound advice on all aspects of municipal governance and legislative requirements.
- By-laws – ensuring all required bylaws and resolutions are in-place and up to date; preparing resolutions and by-laws for the municipality.
- Implementing council priorities – ensuring the policies, programs and services of the municipality are implemented; monitoring, evaluating and reporting back to council on the policies, programs and services of the municipality; and answering all public requests, inquiries and / or complaints, and ensuring a high standard of customer service.
Sound financial management is critical to the successful operation of the municipality. The duties of the Administrator in this regard are far reaching, including:
- Preparing the annual financial plan – presenting options for the annual operating and capital budgets for council’s consideration.
- Monitoring the financial plan – preparing the monthly financial statements, an annual financial statement and cash flow projections as required.
- Controlling the day-to-day accounting i.e. the accounts payable, accounts receivable, tax collections, payroll, monthly bank reconciliations and investments.
- This also includes ensuring that accurate records and books are kept of all the financial affairs of the municipality, and making adjustments, as required, to the municipality’s financial plan.
- Reporting – providing council with up-to-date financial information on a regular and timely basis, ensuring that exceptions and issues are clearly identified, providing the province with financial information and reports as required by legislation / agreements, working with the auditors when they are conducting the annual financial audit of the municipality and providing financial information to the public as required.
- Taxation process – administering the entire taxation process, including the property assessment process, levying and collection of taxes and the tax enforcement process.
Human Resource Management:
The Administrator works with council in the management and supervision of the employees of the municipality. Specific duties may include:
- Recruitment and development of employees – including hiring, training, evaluating, promoting and dismissing employees.
- Developing a human resource recruitment / retention plan.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Applicant must possess a Rural Class “C” Certificated in Local Government Authority with preference given to Rural Class “A”. A degree in Commerce, Business or Public Administration from an accredited university or an accounting designation would be deemed an asset. A two-year Public Administration Certificate/Diploma from an approved technical institute would also be considered.
- Strong proven financial management skills including proven experience with financial operations; operating and capital budgeting and assessment and taxation processes.
- Sound ability to demonstrate support for innovation and for organizational changes needed to improve the municipality’s effectiveness; initiate, sponsor and implement organizational change; and help other’s to successfully manage organizational change
- Ability to develop, implement and evaluate programs, policies and procedures.
- Experience working at the management level including the ability to direct, supervise and evaluate the performance of administrative personnel through effective and sound communication.
- Ability to lead, direct and manage program and policy development and delivery.
- Strong decision making and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Experience working with Munisoft Municipal Accounting Software would be considered an asset.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
If you are interested in municipal administration, are of the highest integrity, enjoy meeting people, have a strong accounting background and would like to make your home in a rural setting where a progressive community spirit remains alive and well, this may be the career for you.
If you feel you have the demonstrated background and are interested in learning more about this opportunity, please forward your resume to Kelly.firstname.lastname@example.org or call 250-734-4329.
Chief Administrative Officer, Town of Fort Qu’Appelle
The Town of Fort Qu’Appelle is seeking an experienced, dynamic, and innovative Chief Administrative Officer who can implement Council’s strategic priorities. Preference will be given to an individual who has a university degree preferably in public administration, but others will be considered. The individual should have 3-5 years’ experience as a CAO and have a current Standard License from the Urban Municipal Administrators Association of Saskatchewan.
Please submit your resume in confidence by 4 pm. August 29th for consideration. Resumes will be accepted by email to email@example.com Attention “HR Committee – CAO Recruitment” . For additional information please visit www.fortquappelle.com. Should you have questions, please contact the Mayor at 306-332-6333.
Fort Qu’Appelle is located in the picturesque Qu’Appelle Valley, 75 km NE of Regina. Fort Qu’Appelle offers excellent health care and recreational activities.
Administrator/CAO OPPORTUNITY, The RM of Frenchman Butte No. 501
The RM of Frenchman Butte No. 501 invites you to apply for a rewarding career in a progressive Rural Municipality. We are ideally situated in north-west Saskatchewan, surrounded by rolling hills, almost every outdoor activity imaginable and close to two urban centres with great amenities. If you are looking for a challenging, fast paced employment opportunity with an excellent wage and benefits package let your aspirations become a reality.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
The Administrator/CAO’s key duties and responsibilities include:
- Municipal accounting, strong fiscal management, working with a large budget and significant grant applications;
- Solid understanding of all applicable legislation; processing of bylaws, policies and procedures; conducting elections, records retention, LAFOIPP, etc.
- Municipal taxation and maintenance of assessment records;
- Preparation for all Council meetings, including agendas, reports, correspondence and minutes;
- Attendance at all Council meetings;
- Overseeing capital projects, tenders and contracts;
- Maintaining positive public relations and supervising multiple staff;
- Leading a great team through progressive change while ensuring all municipal functions are carried out in a confidential, efficient, accurate and collaborative manner, in accordance with municipal legislation, policies and procedures.
- This position requires a minimum Rural Class “C” Certificate with preference given to applicants with a Rural Class “A” Certificate who are willing to mentor.
- In addition to the above, preference will be given to candidates with 3-5 years local government experience, an accounting certificate/designation and/or a university degree in a related field.
- Experience in Microsoft Word, Windows, Excel and general computer applications is essential and knowledge of MuniSoft considered an asset.
If you are seeking a municipal Administrator/CAO position and an exciting career change, please submit your cover letter, resume (outlining related experience and qualifications), salary expected and three supervisory references to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail marked confidential to the R.M. of Frenchman Butte No. 501 Attn: Bonnie Mills Midgley, Reeve at Box 180, Paradise Hill, SK S0M 2G0
The salary grid is $90,489.34 to $117,840.64. This competition will remain open until a candidate is selected so please apply ASAP!
For further information do not hesitate to email email@example.com
We thank all applicants, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in working for the RM of Frenchman Butte No. 501.
Administrator, Town of Saltcoats
The Town of Saltcoats immediately seeks a qualified, bondable and experienced fulltime Town Administrator, salary to be negotiated based upon experience and UMAAS salary scale, includes benefits and pension package.
The successful candidate will report directly to Council. The ideal candidate will have a Standard or a minimum Class “C” certificate in Local Government Administration from the Urban Board of Examiners. Duties are as outlined by the Town of Saltcoats Administration Bylaw and The Municipalities Act Position will be filled in accordance with Town of Saltcoats personnel employment policies and practices.
Our historic community prides itself in community accomplishment and cooperation. We look forward to a period of developing, promoting and enhancing community strengths and potential. The successful candidate will possess commitment to community, vision, and an ability to work cooperatively with council, town employees, town residents and potential residents and business people. For more information about the town please visit the town website at www.townofsaltcoats.ca.
Applicants are invited to submit by mail, fax, email, or in person their resume stating their qualifications, experience and three work-related references along with a cover letter to:
Town of Saltcoats,
Box 120, Saltcoats, SK. S0A3R0,
The Town of Saltcoats thanks all interested applicants, however only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Successful candidate will be subject to a clear criminal record check.
Position open until filled. For more information regarding this position, please contact Ronald Knudsen at 306-744-2969 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
A Chief Administrative Officer (CAO), Town of La Ronge
La Ronge is a scenic lake side community offering a full range of services and amenities located in the heart of Northern Saskatchewan with a population of approximately 3000. This community offers progressive growth amidst the natural beauty of the area’s surrounding Lac La Ronge Provincial Park.
The Town of La Ronge is currently accepting applications for a qualified Chief Administrative Officer, to provide professional leadership to a staff of dedicated professionals, management of the Town’s affairs, and play a role with Council in planning and executing strategic direction for the municipality.
- Proven ability in the areas of human resources management, public relations and ability to perform statutory duties of the clerk, treasurer, and assessor for the community is required;
- Ensure all municipal functions are carried out in a confidential, efficient and accurate manner in accordance with municipal legislation, policies and procedures;
- Proficiency in working in a computerized municipal office environment, including use of Munisoft municipal software;
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication skills both verbal and written;
- Possess a minimum Class C certificate in Local Government Administration;
- Preference will be given to those with a minimum of 5 years experience in municipal administration, or a combination of education and experience.
Salary ranges from $76,647 to $120,881 based on experience.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a Cover Letter and detailed Curriculum Vitae / Resume including three (3) references to the individual below. The position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found. All candidates are thanked for their interest in the position, only those who are selected for further consideration will be contacted.
The successful candidate will also be required to submit a current criminal record check.
The Office of the Mayor
Town of La Ronge
La Ronge, Saskatchewan
Fax (306) 425-3883
Administrative Assistant, Resort Village of Chitek Lake
Resort Village of Chitek Lake is seeking a part-time/seasonal Administrative Assistant.
- Must possess strong communication skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft office, Word, and Excel is a requirement.
- Knowledge of Munisoft is an asset.
- Attention to detail, able to meet deadlines and multi-tasking are essential.
- Criminal record check required at time of hire.
- Business College students welcome.
Please submit your resume with references to Resort Village of Chitek Lake P.O. Box 70 Chitek Lake, SK S0J 0L0. Fax: 306-984-1178 or email: email@example.com
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Village Administrator, Village of Windthorst
The Village of Windthorst is currently accepting applications to fill a one-year maternity leave Administration position. This position will commence as soon as possible.
The successful candidate will report directly to Council and will be responsible for the complete management of the municipality’s affairs. Proven ability in the areas of human resources management, public relations and the ability to perform statutory duties of the Clerk, Treasurer, and Assessor for the community is required.
The ideal candidate will have significant municipal management skills obtained through formal education such as the accredited Local Government Administration Program and have a Standard or Class “C” Certificate in Local Government Administration from the Urban Board of Examiners. Preference will be given to those with experience in municipal administration.
Applicants are invited to submit by mail, fax, email, or in person their resume stating their qualifications, experience and references along with a cover letter stating salary expectations to:
Village of Windthorst
PO Box 98
Windthorst, SK S0G 5G0
Fax: 306 224 4610
Position open until filled. For more information regarding this position, please contact Harley McCarthy at the Village Office, 306 224 2033.
Assistant Administrator, Rural Municipality of Wilton
The Rural Municipality of Wilton “Where the Good life goes to work” – is providing an exceptional employment opportunity in a Progressive Municipality to an individual with the ‘Right Stuff’. The Assistant Administrator, under the direction of the Chief Administrative Officer (CAO), will provide support in all aspects of municipal administration including but not limited to: record preparation, assessment and taxation, tax enforcement, financial operations, asset management, zoning and subdivisions, permit processing, policy and courses of action as determined by Council.
- Opportunity for professional development and advancement
- Above average wages – match YOUR skills and experience to a Stepped salary grid
- 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. (paid 8 hours) with attendance recognition
- Excellent Co-Share Benefits, Relocation/Signing package, defined MATCHED Benefit Pension Plan , Health & Wellness programs
- Organization that values its staff with transparent communication, employee recognition and opportunity
We need someone to:
- Support municipal accounting utilizing strong fiscal management, working with a large budget and significant grant applications
- Demonstrate solid understanding of all applicable legislation; processing of bylaws, policies and procedures; conducting elections, records retention, LAFOIPP, etc.
- Administer municipal taxation and maintenance of assessment records
- Oversee capital projects, tenders and contracts
- Assist in the execution of financial transactions and reporting tasks as required to established deadlines
You should have:
- A minimum Class ‘C’ Certificate of Qualification in Local Government Administration; with 5 years experience;
- Experience with Asset Management and Financial Reporting;
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and communication skills both verbal and written;
- Experience and knowledge using MuniSoft, PubWorks and Microsoft Word & Excel;
- Strong understanding of the principles and practices of public administration, including budgeting, purchasing and the maintenance of public records; organization and functions of an elected Council;
Please submit application including Cover Letter indicating Salary expectations
Open until a suitable candidate sourced
Attention: Krista Bondy
Fax: (306) 387 – 6598
We thank all interested candidates for applying; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted