This space is for FREE posting of administrator career openings! Please contact the Website Coordinator to make arrangements.
Part-Time Administrator, Resort Village of Grandview Beach
The Resort Village of Grandview Beach is accepting applications for a part-time (approximately 50-60 hrs/mth) qualified Administrator with a start date as soon as possible. Grandview Beach does not have an on-site office and therefore the successful applicant would be required to work out of their home (preferably in Regina). In addition to a monthly salary, proportional compensation will be provided for office expenses required such as Internet, telephone, office space etc.
Applicants should have the following qualifications:
- Strong communication, time management, organizational and personable skills
- Experience with budgeting, financial operations, taxation, and legislative interpretation
- Experience with MuniSoft software would be a definite asset
- Standard Certificate (Urban C) in Local Government Administration (or a willingness to work towards obtaining this certificate may be considered)
Under the authority and direction of Council, the Administrator is responsible for the implementation of all policies and legislation in accordance with the Saskatchewan Municipalities Act.
The Resort Village of Grandview Beach offers a competitive salary based on the Urban Municipal Administrators’ Association (UMAAS) and a comprehensive benefit package.
Interested candidates are invited to email their resumes with a cover letter and 2 previous employment references to Lorraine Snell @ firstname.lastname@example.org If you have any questions regarding this position please email Lorraine Snell at the above email address.
Please note that a Criminal Record Check will also be required.
We thank all applicants for applying, however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Chief Financial Officer, Town of La Ronge
The Town of La Ronge is a scenic lake side community offering a full range of services and amenities located in the heart of Northern Saskatchewan with a population of approximately 3,000. This community offers progressive growth amidst the natural beauty of the area’s surrounding Lac La Ronge Provincial Park and in 2019, had a capital and operating budget exceeding $8 million dollars.
With the assistance of HMC Management Inc, Council is seeking the services of a qualified Chief Financial Officer (CFO) to provide professional financial services and leadership for the Town.
You will have a minimum of 2 (two) years of progressive experience in a municipal financial related role or in a public sector accounting role with proven experience. An exceptional understanding and working knowledge of Munisoft applications including: Financials (General Ledger & Custom Reporter, Accounts Payable, Paymate Acclaim Payroll); Receivables (Tax Assessment, Utility Billing and Receivables, General Accounts Receivable, Receipting) combined with excellent computer skills, including advanced knowledge in, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and other Microsoft applications are preferred.
Possession of a Standard Certificate in Local Government Administration and an Advanced Certificate in Accounting and Finance (ACAF) or equivalent is required. A combination of equivalency of skills, qualifications and abilities with a related diploma would be also be considered. A Professional Accounting Designation (CA, CGA or CMA) would be an asset.
If you meet the minimum skills and qualifications, the salary range for the position is $101,250 – $112,500/annum.
In confidence, qualified candidates are encouraged to electronically submit their resume, a covering letter, three work related references (including your current employer), and salary expectations to the following address by no later than 4 p.m. March 27, 2020 to:
RE: Town of La Ronge, SK Chief Financial Officer Competition
Inquires may be made to:
Dean Yaremchuk, Acting Chief Administrative Officer
A job description is available upon request. Only those candidates selected to be interviewed will be contacted.
Urban Administrator, Village of Weldon
The Village of Weldon is seeking applications for the part-time position of urban administrator. Weldon is a small village with 197 residents in north east Saskatchewan.
Working under the direction of council, the successful applicant will possess the following:
- Minimum Class C Certificate, urban or rural, in Local Government Administration or be willing to achieve such designation is required.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Municipal accounting, strong fiscal management; and a background in accounting.
- Solid understanding of all applicable legislation; processing of bylaws, policies and procedures; conducting elections, records retention, LAFOIP, etc.
- Municipal taxation and maintenance of assessment records;
- Preparation for all Council meetings, including agendas, reports, correspondence and minutes;
- Attendance at all Council meetings;
- Overseeing capital projects, tenders and contracts;
- Maintaining positive public relations.
- Supervising staff.
- Leading a great team through progressive change while ensuring all municipal functions are carried out in a confidential, efficient, accurate and collaborative manner, in accordance with municipal legislation, policies and procedures.
Please apply with resume to email@example.com with three references by February 25, 2020. The Village offers a comprehensive benefit package. Salary will be dependent on qualifications and experience. We thank all applicants for their interest in this position; however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. The position will remain open until a suitable candidate has been found.
Chief Administrative Officer, Town of Gravelbourg
The Town of Gravelbourg is a vibrant community located in Southern Saskatchewan and is home to 1,083 residents. Our town is known for its rich heritage that translates in the many heritage buildings around town, most notably our National Historic Tri-complex, the Co-Cathedral, the historic Bishop Residence and the Convent of Jesus and Mary.
Over the years, immigrants from over 20 nationalities have made Gravelbourg their home and make our town a multicultural hub, contributing to our rich culture and our business community, which consists of over 100 small businesses.
Gravelbourg offers a unique quality of life with its modern recreational facilities, excellent educational services and all the amenities you may expect of a larger urban center.
Under the direction of Council, the Chief Administrative Officer is responsible for the administration of the municipality in accordance with The Municipal Act and related statutes, provincial regulations, and by-laws, policies and procedures as established by Council.
- Accurate and confidential record keeping.
- Taking and preparation of minutes
- Compliance with Privacy Legislation Requirements
- Maintain, develop and implement By-laws and contracts/agreements as required by Council
- Provide advice to Council on policies, programs, capital projects, new initiatives.
- Strategic and Financial Planning
- Provide leadership and direction to staff.
- Develop strong relationships with Council members and members of the community.
- Ability to communicate in French an asset but not a requirement.
- Minimum Standard Certificate in Local Government Authority with 3 – 5 years of experience in a municipal office.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate positively with members of council and the public.
- Strong decision-making skills.
The Town of Gravelbourg offers a comprehensive benefit package. Salary will be dependent on qualifications and experience. We thank all applicants for their interest in this position; however only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Position will be filled once a suitable candidate is retained but would request resumes be received by March 30th, 2020.
Qualified candidates are requested to submit a detailed resume and cover letter, with references to:
Gravelbourg Town Council “Confidential”
Gravelbourg SK S0H 1X0
Chief Administrative Officer, Roblin, Manitoba
Roblin, Manitoba – Jewel of the Parkland – is a friendly, safe, energetic and progressive municipality with a population of about 3,300 people. The community is located within the Parkland Region approximately 400 km Northwest of Winnipeg and 13 km from the Saskatchewan border. It is surrounded by scenic valleys not far from the Duck Mountain Provincial Park to the North, Asessippi Provincial Park to the South and Riding Mountain National Park to the Southeast. For more information on the Municipality of Roblin and a complete description of this exciting opportunity, visit us at www.roblinmanitoba.com.
Under the direction of Council, the Chief Administrative Officer is responsible for the overall administration of the municipality in accordance with The Municipal Act and related statutes, provincial regulations, and by-laws, policies and procedures established by Council.
- Develop and implement municipal by-laws, contracts and agreements as directed by Council;
- Maintain accurate and confidential record keeping, minute taking and ensure information is stored securely in accordance with the privacy legislation requirements;
- Provide support and advice to Council on policies, programs, capital projects, new initiatives and fiscal matters;
- Provide strategic and financial planning management expertise to Council and ensure operational effectiveness for each municipal department;
- Mentor, provide leadership and direction to the senior management team, with a focus on administrative and operational excellence.
- Act as an effective liaison between the Council, staff and the community;
- Build and maintain strong partnerships with all levels of government and the community.
- Graduate of, or enrolled in, the University of Manitoba’s Certificate in Manitoba Municipal Administration (CMMA) Program or equivalent program;
- Minimum of five years senior management experience in a municipal and/or business environment;
- Experience reporting to a Council or Board and working with elected officials;
- Ability to communicate effectively and foster positive relationships with the public, employees and all levels of government.
- Solid decision-maker with strong business acumen and a high level of integrity;
Salary range is dependent on qualifications and experience. A comprehensive benefits program is provided.
Interested candidates should submit their cover letter and resume, including references, to: firstname.lastname@example.org by 9:00 AM, Tuesday, February 18, 2020.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Assistant Administrator, Town of Lashburn
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Experience with accounting practices and procedures including payroll
- Strong computer skills including proficient use of Microsoft Word and Excel
- The ability to communicate with and work alongside staff members, council and the public. This includes experience with both written and verbal communication
- Experience tackling/resourcing new ideas and issues as they arise
- Organizational skills
- Previous Municipal experience including having their Local Government Administration Certificate
- Knowledge of the Munisoft System
- Experience with Grant Applications
The Town of Lashburn offers a competitive wage, and a benefit plan that includes a pension plan.
Salary commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Interested and qualified candidates are invited to submit their resume by Mail, Fax or Email to the following:
Town of Lashburn
Attention: Vicki Seabrook, Administrator
Box 328 Lashburn, Saskatchewan S0M 1H0
Only suitable candidates will be contacted for an interview. Position will be filled once a suitable candidate is retained but would request resumes be received by March 15, 2020. For more information regarding this position please contact the Administrator, Vicki Seabrook at the Town Office 306–285-3533.
Temporary Administrator, Village of Punnichy
The Village of Punnichy is accepting applications for the temporary (18 months) position of Administrator with the tentative start date of April 1st, 2020. This position will be to cover the current Administrators 18 month maternity leave. Depending on the successful candidate’s qualifications, on the job training with the current Administrator, could possibly begin February 3, 2020.
The successful candidate:
- Has knowledge of accounting practices & procedures
- Strong computer skills
- Effective communication and organizational skills
- Municipal experience, knowledge of Munisoft, Microsoft Word & Excel would be an asset
- Ability to work alongside Council, staff and ratepayers
The ideal applicant will have their Standard Certificate in Local Government Administration and have previous municipal administration experience.
Preference will be given to those who have experience in municipal administration.
Successful candidate will be subject to a clear criminal record check.
For additional information on this employment opportunity, please contact Breeanna Thomas at 306-835-2135 or by email at email@example.com
Applicants for this position should forward their resume, including references to:
Village of Punnichy
Punnichy, SK. S0A 3C0
Or email firstname.lastname@example.org
This position will remain open until a suitable candidate is selected.
Council thanks all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Chief Administrative Officer, Village of Hodgeville
The Village of Hodgeville is currently seeking to fill the position of Chief Administrative Officer.
The CAO will be responsible, with consultation of council, for staffing, General Government Services, Planning and Development, Utilities and all specific duties required by The Municipalities Act.
The CAO shall be the Assessor for the village, cooperate closely with contractors and village employees. This person shall be responsible for grant applications on behalf of Council and compile yearly budget.
Holds, or be eligible to hold, a valid certificate of qualification, pursuant to the Urban Municipal Administrator;s Act.
Have experience in municipal administration.
Advanced computer skills and knowledge.
Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Have the ability to prioritize and work with minimum supervision Possess a valid drivers license.
Please forward resumes with references to the Village of Hodgeville Box 307 Hodgeville SK S0H 2B0 or email@example.com.