This space is for FREE posting of administrator career openings! Please contact the Website Coordinator to make arrangements.
Administrator, Town of Salcoats
The Town of Saltcoats immediately seeks a qualified, bondable and experienced fulltime Town Administrator, salary to be negotiated based upon experience and UMAAS salary scale, includes benefits and pension package.
The successful candidate will report directly to Council. The ideal candidate will have a Standard or a minimum Class “C” certificate in Local Government Administration from the Urban Board of Examiners. Duties are as outlined by the Town of Saltcoats Administration Bylaw and The Municipalities Act Position will be filled in accordance with Town of Saltcoats personnel employment policies and practices.
Our historic community prides itself in community accomplishment and cooperation. We look forward to a period of developing, promoting and enhancing community strengths and potential. The successful candidate will possess commitment to community, vision, and an ability to work cooperatively with council, town employees, town residents and potential residents and business people. For more information about the town please visit the town website at www.townofsaltcoats.ca.
Applicants are invited to submit by mail, fax, email, or in person their resume stating their qualifications, experience and three work-related references along with a cover letter to:
Town of Saltcoats,
Box 120, Saltcoats, SK. S0A3R0,
The Town of Saltcoats thanks all interested applicants, however only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Successful candidate will be subject to a clear criminal record check.
Position open until filled. For more information regarding this position, please contact Ronald Knudsen at 306-744-2969 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Finance Officer – Joint Office – Town of Lumsden and RM of Lumsden No. 189
Nestled in the beautiful Qu’Appelle Valley is one of Canada’s prettiest towns, Lumsden, offering a country-pace life style with a full range of social, recreational and cultural opportunities for all ages and interests. A growing, vibrant and friendly community, only 15 minutes away from the City of Regina, has an active artistic community spirit supported by the residents living in the Town and surrounding Rural Municipality. The population served exceeds 3700 and is growing with new residential and commercial developments.
Reporting to the Chief Administrative Officer (CAO), the Finance Officer will play a key role in the financial administration of both municipalities. This position is perfect for CAO’s who prefer the financial portion of their responsibilities and can live without the political, administrative and human resource aspects.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee and direct all accounting functions for both municipalities including compliance with applicable legislation and reporting requirements.
- Act as primary liaison with external auditors.
- Oversee and prepare the annual operating and capital budgets.
- Manage reserve accounts and debt portfolios.
- Oversee and prepare tax and assessment rolls, tax notices, school and municipal hail statements.
- Keep current the tangible capital asset schedules.
- Research external funding sources and prepare applications for project assistance.
- Manage project funding and payment of expenditures.
Education and Qualifications:
- A professional accounting designation (CPA) or in the process of attaining a designation as a registered student member in good standing with an accounting organization is an asset.
- Knowledge of accounting applications, GAAP and public-sector accounting standards.
- A proven aptitude working with IT software systems is essential.
- A strong knowledge of Excel is an asset.
- Ability to prepare financial statements and reports with a high degree of quality and accuracy.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
The salary range is sufficiently broad and is based on education, qualifications and relevant experience.
If you are interested in receiving more information or exploring this opportunity further, please contact the Chief Administrative Officer, Monica Merkosky at (306) 731-2404 ext 8302 or email@example.com.
Qualified candidates for the position should apply by submitting their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
The competition will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
To learn more about the Town of Lumsden and RM of Lumsden please visit www.lumsden.ca
We wish to thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Assistant Administrator, Town of Watrous
The Town of Watrous will be accepting applications for a full time Assistant Administrator. This management position involves a variety of duties including:
- Assessment and Tax Rolls
- Property tax levies, collections and tax enforcement
- Payroll administration
- Accounts Payable
- Bank deposits and reconciliations
- GST returns
- General office administrative duties
Applicants should have a general knowledge of all office equipment and be proficient in the use of accounting software systems, Excel and Word programs. Preferred candidates would have previous experience with MuniSoft software and training or experience in Local Government Administration. Other similar training, education and work experience will be considered and the successful candidate should be prepared to undertake required training.
The salary will be commensurate with education and work experience and the position includes an attractive benefit package.
Interested candidates are invited to submit a detailed resume outlining education, qualifications, work experience and references to:
Orrin Redden, Administrator, email@example.com
Town of Watrous, P.O. Box 730, Watrous SK S0K 4T0
We thank all applicants, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Application deadline is July 12/19.
A Chief Administrative Officer (CAO), Town of La Ronge
La Ronge is a scenic lake side community offering a full range of services and amenities located in the heart of Northern Saskatchewan with a population of approximately 3000. This community offers progressive growth amidst the natural beauty of the area’s surrounding Lac La Ronge Provincial Park.
The Town of La Ronge is currently accepting applications for a qualified Chief Administrative Officer, to provide professional leadership to a staff of dedicated professionals, management of the Town’s affairs, and play a role with Council in planning and executing strategic direction for the municipality.
- Proven ability in the areas of human resources management, public relations and ability to perform statutory duties of the clerk, treasurer, and assessor for the community is required;
- Ensure all municipal functions are carried out in a confidential, efficient and accurate manner in accordance with municipal legislation, policies and procedures;
- Proficiency in working in a computerized municipal office environment, including use of Munisoft municipal software;
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication skills both verbal and written;
- Possess a minimum Class C certificate in Local Government Administration;
- Preference will be given to those with a minimum of 5 years experience in municipal administration, or a combination of education and experience.
Salary ranges from $76,647 to $120,881 based on experience.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a Cover Letter and detailed Curriculum Vitae / Resume including three (3) references to the individual below. The position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found. All candidates are thanked for their interest in the position, only those who are selected for further consideration will be contacted.
The successful candidate will also be required to submit a current criminal record check.
The Office of the Mayor
Town of La Ronge
La Ronge, Saskatchewan
Fax (306) 425-3883
Chief Administrative Officer, Grandview Municipality (MB)
Gateway to the Duck Mountains, Grandview Municipality (Manitoba) is nestled in a picturesque valley between the Duck Mountain Provincial Park and Riding Mountain National Park and approximately 130 km east of Yorkton, SK and 50 km west of Dauphin, MB on MB Highway 5. This progressive municipality also has a population base of 1482.
With the assistance of HMC Management Inc., Council is seeking the services of a qualified Chief Administrative Officer (CAO) to provide professional leadership and direction for the Municipality.
Ideally you are a proven leader, have worked in an urban and a rural municipal setting and a unionized environment, along with possessing strong technical skills in municipal finance, administration and governance, public works and utility management. You are also a hands-on public servant willing to be involved in your municipality and lead a skilled workforce on a day to day basis based on the policy direction of Council.
Prior urban and rural CAO experience OR a minimum of 4 years’ experience at a senior level in municipal government is required. A strong knowledge base in project management, municipal finance, budgeting and asset management would be an asset.
The incumbent will also have successfully graduated from a recognized post-secondary institution with a diploma or degree in Public Administration or related discipline and hold a CMMA designation or a recognized equivalent. It is expected that the CAO will reside in the Municipality.
If you meet the minimum skills and qualifications the salary range for the CAO is $90,000 – $110,000/annum plus municipal rental housing is negotiable.
In confidence, qualified candidates are encouraged to electronically submit their resume, a covering letter, three work related references, and salary expectations to the following address by no later than 4 p.m. July 22, 2019 to:
RE: Grandview Municipality (MB) – Chief Administrative Officer Competition
Inquires may be made to:
Dean Yaremchuk, Senior Partner
HMC Management Inc.
A CAO Opportunity Profile is available upon request and only those candidates selected to be interviewed will be contacted
Administrative Assistant, Resort Village of Chitek Lake
Resort Village of Chitek Lake is seeking a part-time/seasonal Administrative Assistant.
- Must possess strong communication skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft office, Word, and Excel is a requirement.
- Knowledge of Munisoft is an asset.
- Attention to detail, able to meet deadlines and multi-tasking are essential.
- Criminal record check required at time of hire.
- Business College students welcome.
Please submit your resume with references to Resort Village of Chitek Lake P.O. Box 70 Chitek Lake, SK S0J 0L0. Fax: 306-984-1178 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Village Administrator, Village of Windthorst
The Village of Windthorst is currently accepting applications to fill a one-year maternity leave Administration position. This position will commence as soon as possible.
The successful candidate will report directly to Council and will be responsible for the complete management of the municipality’s affairs. Proven ability in the areas of human resources management, public relations and the ability to perform statutory duties of the Clerk, Treasurer, and Assessor for the community is required.
The ideal candidate will have significant municipal management skills obtained through formal education such as the accredited Local Government Administration Program and have a Standard or Class “C” Certificate in Local Government Administration from the Urban Board of Examiners. Preference will be given to those with experience in municipal administration.
Applicants are invited to submit by mail, fax, email, or in person their resume stating their qualifications, experience and references along with a cover letter stating salary expectations to:
Village of Windthorst
PO Box 98
Windthorst, SK S0G 5G0
Fax: 306 224 4610
Position open until filled. For more information regarding this position, please contact Harley McCarthy at the Village Office, 306 224 2033.
Assistant Administrator, Rural Municipality of Wilton
The Rural Municipality of Wilton “Where the Good life goes to work” – is providing an exceptional employment opportunity in a Progressive Municipality to an individual with the ‘Right Stuff’. The Assistant Administrator, under the direction of the Chief Administrative Officer (CAO), will provide support in all aspects of municipal administration including but not limited to: record preparation, assessment and taxation, tax enforcement, financial operations, asset management, zoning and subdivisions, permit processing, policy and courses of action as determined by Council.
- Opportunity for professional development and advancement
- Above average wages – match YOUR skills and experience to a Stepped salary grid
- 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. (paid 8 hours) with attendance recognition
- Excellent Co-Share Benefits, Relocation/Signing package, defined MATCHED Benefit Pension Plan , Health & Wellness programs
- Organization that values its staff with transparent communication, employee recognition and opportunity
We need someone to:
- Support municipal accounting utilizing strong fiscal management, working with a large budget and significant grant applications
- Demonstrate solid understanding of all applicable legislation; processing of bylaws, policies and procedures; conducting elections, records retention, LAFOIPP, etc.
- Administer municipal taxation and maintenance of assessment records
- Oversee capital projects, tenders and contracts
- Assist in the execution of financial transactions and reporting tasks as required to established deadlines
You should have:
- A minimum Class ‘C’ Certificate of Qualification in Local Government Administration; with 5 years experience;
- Experience with Asset Management and Financial Reporting;
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and communication skills both verbal and written;
- Experience and knowledge using MuniSoft, PubWorks and Microsoft Word & Excel;
- Strong understanding of the principles and practices of public administration, including budgeting, purchasing and the maintenance of public records; organization and functions of an elected Council;
Please submit application including Cover Letter indicating Salary expectations
Open until a suitable candidate sourced
Attention: Krista Bondy
Fax: (306) 387 – 6598
We thank all interested candidates for applying; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted
Administrator, Municipality of the Town of Pilot Butte
Reporting to the Mayor and Council, the Chief Administrative Officer (CAO) is responsible for managing the constantly changing and increasingly complex day-to-day affairs of the community. You will provide the leadership skills required to lead a staff of dedicated team professionals and play a key role with council in planning and executing a strategic vision that meets both current and future needs of the area.
The ideal candidate will possess post-secondary education in Business Management, Public Administration, or a combination of relevant training and senior leadership experience achieved over a six to ten year period to be considered for this position. Your proven abilities to develop positive relationships in a diverse environment will be complimented through municipal government experience.
- A demonstrated track record of leadership and senior management experience within a dynamic multi-dimensional service organization.
- Perform all functions, duties and requirements of a Chief Administrative Officer as specified in the Municipalities Act.
- An ability to work effectively with elected officials, community volunteers, boards and committees and public participation processes.
- Strong skills in motivating others and creating a shared purpose with a “positive” customer driven attitude.
- A progressive approach with proven experience in strategic planning, organizational development and achieving results in building team relations.
- Able to practice an open and transparent form of communication (oral and written) to staff, contractors, vendors, ratepayers and Council.
- A strong commitment to the health & safety of employees, contractors, and the general public.
- A thorough understanding of financial systems, budgeting and the municipal auditing process.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and experience with MUNISOFT Municipal Software
- Successful completion of the Local Authorities Administration program or equivalent
- Minimum of ten (10) years of directly related experience within a local government setting
Must be willing to reside in, or close to the municipality, and be visible within the community.
This position offers a competitive salary and uses the UMAAS Salary schedule as a guide; the right candidate can expect a salary and benefits package that reflects their level of experience.
Please submit your cover letter and resume (with a minimum of 3 employment references) electronically, or regular mail outlining experience, education in key municipal functions, reasons for applying and salary expectations by 12:00 p.m. on the closing date of June 21, 2019 to the undersigned.
Attention: Mayor Peggy Chorney
222 Diamond Place
Pilot Butte, SK S0G 3Z0
Request for Expressions of Interest from a Municipal Administrator, Proposed Resort Village of Turtle View, Saskatchewan
The Organized Hamlets of Indian Point Golden Sands and Turtle Lake Lodge on the East side of Turtle Lake, Saskatchewan, anticipate the Minister of Municipal Affairs will order the two Organized Hamlets be combined to form The Resort Village of Turtle View, a new municipality in Saskatchewan.
In view of this possibility, the two Hamlet Boards are requesting “Expressions of Interest” for the position of Administrator of the new Resort Village. We will review expressions of interest for the position from persons who:
- Have a standard or higher certification as required by the Urban Municipal Administrators Association of Saskatchewan (UMAAS).
- Have no or little experience with municipal administration, but are willing to train for the requisite hours of on-the-job training under a mentorship program, and to complete the LGA Program, offered through the University of Regina extensions, to obtain an Urban Standard Certificate.
Preference will be given to individuals who are proficient with MICROSOFT OFFICE suite of programs, experience in bookkeeping/accounting and MUNISOFT municipal software.
For general information, should the Minister of Municipal Affairs order the Resort Village established, we believe the Administrator’s (or trainee’s) position will commence in late summer or early fall, 2019.
The Resort Village office will be located in the current Organized Hamlet of Indian Point Golden Sands.
Interested persons are invited to submit their expressions of interest, in confidence, to the selection committee at:
Phone: 306-221-7252, attention Jim Glasrud.
Mail: The Selection Committee,
PO Box 2535, Meadow Lake, SK., S9X 1Z6.
Administrator, Town of Hafford
The Town of Hafford is accepting applications for a Urban Municipal Administrator with duties to commence as soon as possible. This is a full time Position.
The successful Candidate must possess knowledge of accounting practices and procedures as well as strong computer, communication and organizational skills.
Experience with the Munisoft, Pubworks and Microsoft Office computer software would be an asset.
Applicants should have a Standard Urban Certificate in Local Government Administration or be willing to obtain their certificate through a University Extension Program.
Please submit a resume including work experience, qualifications and work related references.
Salary will be based on the UMAS salary schedule. Benefits including Short and long term disability, dental, and health, matching pension are provided
Position open until filled.
The Town of Hafford
Hafford, SK S0J 1A0
We thank all applicants but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Administrator/CAO OPPORTUNITY, The RM of Frenchman Butte No. 501
The RM of Frenchman Butte No. 501 invites you to apply for a rewarding career in a progressive Rural Municipality. We are ideally situated in north-west Saskatchewan, surrounded by rolling hills, almost every outdoor activity imaginable and close to two urban centres with great amenities. If you are looking for a challenging, fast paced employment opportunity with an excellent wage and benefits package let your aspirations become a reality.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
The Administrator/CAO’s key duties and responsibilities include:
- Municipal accounting, strong fiscal management, working with a large budget and significant grant applications;
- Solid understanding of all applicable legislation; processing of bylaws, policies and procedures; conducting elections, records retention, LAFOIPP, etc.
- Municipal taxation and maintenance of assessment records;
- Preparation for all Council meetings, including agendas, reports, correspondence and minutes;
- Attendance at all Council meetings;
- Overseeing capital projects, tenders and contracts; Leading a great team through progressive change while ensuring all municipal functions are carried out in a confidential, efficient, accurate and collaborative manner, in accordance with municipal legislation, policies and procedures.
- Maintaining positive public relations and supervising multiple staff;
- This position requires a minimum Rural Class “C” Certificate with preference given to applicants with a Rural Class “A” Certificate who are willing to mentor.
- In addition to the above, preference will be given to candidates with 3-5 years local government experience, an accounting certificate/designation and/or a university degree in a related field.
- Experience in Microsoft Word, Windows, Excel and general computer applications is essential and knowledge of MuniSoft considered an asset.
If you are seeking a municipal Administrator/CAO position and an exciting career change, please submit your cover letter, resume (outlining related experience and qualifications), salary expected and three supervisory references to email@example.com or mail marked confidential to the R.M. of Frenchman Butte No. 501 Attn: Bonnie Mills Midgley, Reeve at Box 180, Paradise Hill, SK S0M 2G0.
This competition will remain open until a candidate is selected so please apply ASAP!
For further information do not hesitate to email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all applicants, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in working for the RM of Frenchman Butte No. 501.