This space is for FREE posting of administrator career openings! Please contact the Website Coordinator to make arrangements.
Foreman, Town of St Brieux
The Town of St Brieux is a progressive community, located 30 minutes south-east of Melfort. Our town’s amenities include a K – 12 School, daycare, recreation centre, community hall, fire and first responder services, Co-op grocery and fuel store, Regional Park and golf course, repair shops, meat market, Credit Union and many more services, industries and businesses. The beauty of St Brieux is the small town feel along with many conveniences and best of all, the beach, fishing and hunting are right out of your back door.
If this appeals to you, we are looking for a self-motivated, career minded individual to fill the position of Full Time Public Works Foreman. This is a year-round, management and working position which will include the following responsibilities:
- Provide leadership and direction to all public works staff;
- Provide direction and supervision for the maintenance of all municipal infrastructure including but not limited to streets, sidewalks, municipal buildings and our waterworks
- Instruct staff in the safe operation and use of equipment and vehicles;
- Maintain accurate and appropriate records;
- Complete work within the guidelines of all policies and ensure full compliance with legislated requirements (i.e.: Policy Manual, The Municipalities Act, The Saskatchewan Employment Act, Occupational Health & Safety Regulations, etc.);
- Work with and Provide Administration and Council with required information as requested;
- Complete road maintenance including grading, snow removal and ditch mowing;
- Complete regular preventative maintenance and minor repairs on machines & equipment;
- Physical labor such as debris removal will be required;
- And all other duties as assigned or required.
The successful candidate will possess the following:
- Previous experience operating heavy equipment including but not limited to any of the following: graders, tractors, rotary mowers, loaders, and 1-ton dump truck.
- Class 1 A would be an asset not necessary
- Valid First Aid & CPR and WHIMIS Certificate or willingness to obtain immediately upon employment;
- The ability to establish effective working relationships with Council, Administration and other employees as well with the tax payers’;
- The ability to communicate in a professional and effective way with the public,
- Competent oral and written communication skills;
- A willingness to learn and advance one’s skills for the purpose of job growth;
The municipality offers a competitive salary based on qualifications, education & experience, as well as a comprehensive benefits package including short- & long-term disability, group life insurance, and a health and dental plan.
The Town of St Brieux invites applicants to submit a detailed resume indicating education, experience, and three relevant references by 4:00 p.m. February 5, 2019 to:
Town of St Brieux
St Brieux, SK S0K 3V0
Attention: Heather Hind-Hluchaniuk, CAO
Chief Administrative Officer (CAO), Town of Whitewood
The Town of Whitewood is currently accepting applications for the position of CAO. Town of Whitewood is situated at the intersection of #1 & #9 Highways. Please check our webpage or contact the office for information on our community.
Varied and interesting duties and responsibilities under the authority and direction of Council as provided for in the Municipalities Act Section 111:
- Advisor to Council overseeing all municipal operations, financial administration and financial management of the Town.
- Attends Council and other meetings, preparing reports and planning projects, programs and processes aligned with Strategic and Asset Management Plans
- Responsible for general management and direction for municipal accounting, budgeting and finance.
- Formulation and processing of bylaws, policies and procedures ensuring compliance and implementation, Municipal taxation, and oversee assessment records.
- Overseeing capital projects, tenders, and contracts with a full complement of Office, Recreation and Public Works staff.
- Maintaining positive public relations with residents, provincial government agencies and other municipal jurisdictions.
- Lead a team through progressive change while ensuring legislative duties and directions from council are carried out in a confidential, efficient, accurate and timely manner, in accordance with municipal legislation, bylaws, policies and procedures.
- Ensures transparency and accountability of all municipal resources.
- The ideal candidate will possess an Urban Standard Certificate and/or equivalent qualifications and municipal experience or a willingness to learn and obtain a Standard Certificate from the Urban Board of Examiners is necessary
- Experience in Microsoft Office and general computer applications is essential with knowledge of Munisoft municipal software considered an asset.
- Must possess strong leadership and communication skills
- Option to work with current CAO.
- Salary will be based on UMAAS salary schedule &/or qualifications and experience
- MEPP matching
- Benefits Plan with SUMA and includes the basics plus Extended Health, Dental & VisionThe successful applicant will be required to submit a current criminal record check. Applicants should submit a cover letter and detailed resume including references (3) and salary expectations by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org marked CAO Competition or mail marked “Confidential” to Mayor Doug Armstrong Box 129, Whitewood, Sask. S0G 5C0
The successful applicant will be required to submit a current criminal record check. Applicants should submit a cover letter and detailed resume including references (3) and salary expectations by email to: email@example.com marked CAO Competition or mail marked “Confidential” to Mayor Doug Armstrong Box 129, Whitewood, Sask. S0G 5C0
This position will have a closing date of February 15, 2019 or until a successful candidate is selected; therefore we encourage interested individuals to apply as soon as possible.
We thank all applicants, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in working for the Town of Whitewood.
Chief Administrative Officer (CAO), Town of Leader
The Council of the Town of Leader is seeking an experienced manager to lead the communities’ operations. The successful candidate will be responsible for implementing strategic direction and priorities as set out by Council. Leader is a progressive community with many planning, capital and development initiatives that the CAO will lead in the coming years.
- Responsible for the overall operation of all town departments.
- Provide professional leadership and direction to the Town of Leader Council and Staff.
- Manage hiring, training, performance management and other human resource related activities.
- Lead the implementation of policies, objectives and initiatives as set by Council.
- Conduct short and long term financial planning, implement asset management practices, compile annual budget and make financial management recommendations to Council.
- Work with staff to ensure a positive, productive and safe work environment.
- Prepare all Council meeting packages, including documents, correspondence and recommendations, as well as conduct scheduling and follow-ups as required.
- Research, revise and develop policies and bylaws for recommendation to council.
- Develop in depth knowledge of relevant legislation and ensure compliance for operating and reporting requirements are met.
The ideal candidate has:
- extensive experience, ideally in municipal government, with leading staff, financial management, strategic planning, human resources and working in a board or council setting.
- A certificate in Local Government Administration, equivalent education, or a willingness to obtain.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and knowledge of accounting practices.
- Ability to manage competing demands and regular interruptions, complete tasks independently while working in a team environment, manage a high-volume work load and be customer-service focused.
Salary and Benefits
A competitive salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. The Town offers a comprehensive benefits package and pension through the Municipal Employees Pension Plan.
As soon as possible with exact date to be negotiated.
Applications, including a cover letter, resume and three references, can be submitted to the undersigned no later than Friday, February 8, 2019 at 4:00 PM.
Erin Romanuik, Acting Administrator
Leader SK S0N 1H0
***Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
***Successful candidate will be required to complete a Criminal Records Check
Part-time Village Administrator, Village of Neudorf
Candidates seeking a rewarding career opportunity with a progressive and supportive Council are invited to submit their resume, in confidence, to the selection committee. This position is 4 days per week totaling approximately 110 hours per month.
The Village of Neudorf has a population of 263. Neudorf is locate east of Regina on highway 22 east of Lemberg and west of Killaly Working closely with the Mayor and Council, you will be responsible for managing the constantly changing and increasingly complex day-to-day affairs of the community. The Village also has a number of large infra structure project in process. You will require the skills to play a key role with Council in planning and executing a strategic vision that meets both current and future needs of the community.
Preference will be given to candidates with an Urban Class “C” Certificate (or higher) in Local Government Administration. Experience with MuniSoft software is an asset. This position offers a competitive salary. The right candidate can expect a salary and benefits package that reflects their level of experience. Please submit salary expectations Although we would prefer a fully trained individual consideration may be given to a candidate willing to obtain the necessary certification.
– Local Government Administration: 2 years (Preferred)
– an Urban Class “C” Certificate (or higher (Preferred)
Please email Resume and Cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Chief Administrative Officer (CAO), Town of Laronge
The Town of La Ronge is currently accepting applications for the position of Chief Administrative Officer (CAO),
La Ronge is a scenic lake side community offering a full range of services and amenities located in the heart of Northern Saskatchewan with a population of approximately 3000. This community offers progressive growth amidst the natural beauty of the area’s surrounding Lac La Ronge Provincial Park.
The successful candidate will report to Town Council and act as the Chief Administrative Officer for the Town. This highly motivated and dedicated individual will be responsible for the complete management of the municipality’s affairs.
Proven ability in the areas of human resources management, public relations and ability to perform statutory duties of the Clerk, Treasurer, and Assessor for the community is required. Familiarity in working in a computerized municipal office environment as well as Munisoft will be an asset. The incumbent shall have excellent verbal and written communication skills. The ideal candidate will have significant municipal management skills obtained through formal education such as the accredited Local Government Administration Program and have a Standard Certificate in Local Government Administration from the Urban Board of Examiners. Preference will be given to those with a minimum of 5 years experience in municipal administration, or a combination of education and experience.
Applicants should submit a Cover Letter and detailed Curriculum Vitae / Resume including references and salary expectations to the individual below. Only suitable candidates will be contacted. The successful candidate will be required to submit a current criminal record check.
The position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
The Office of the Town Administrator
Town of La Ronge
La Ronge, Saskatchewan
Fax (306) 425-3883
Operations and Utilities Labourer, Town of Kerrobert
The Town of Kerrobert is currently accepting applications to fill an Operations and Utilities Labourer position. This position offers many unique opportunities to advance through multiple avenues, competitive wage schedules, and training opportunities. Applicants must possess a minimum Grade 12 education and a willingness to obtain water and waste water operator certificates plus other training and certificates needed to perform the various duties required by the job.
Preference will be given to applicants who possess any of the following:
- Water and wastewater operator certificates
- Post-secondary trade certificates
- Heavy equipment operator certificates
Job description and expected duties:
- Operate water treatment and distribution system, sewage treatment and collection facilities and take part in on call rotation.
- Operate heavy equipment – grader, loader, street sweeper, mowers, etc.
- Operate public swimming pool boilers and chemical feeders
- On-the-job training will be provided as required.
The Town of Kerrobert offers competitive wages and an excellent benefits package.
Closing date: March 15, 2019. Please send your covering letter and resume to:
Town of Kerrobert
P. O. Box 558
Kerrobert, SK S0L 1R0
The Town of Kerrobert works in a team environment and cross trains its employees to perform multiple duties.