This space is for FREE posting of administrator career openings! Please contact the Website Coordinator to make arrangements.
Temporary Chief Administrative Officer (CAO), Resort Village of Shields
The Resort Village of Shields invite applicants to join their team in the position of Temporary Chief Administrator Officer (CAO). The Village is a progressive community located along the picturesque Blackstrap Lake, 30 minutes South of Saskatoon. The Administration Office has a beautiful view overlooking Shield’s Golf Course. The thriving village is home to approximately 209 households, 351 residents (2021 census) with a taxable assessment total of $78,736,100 (2021). For more information on the community visit www.shields.ca .
The CAO position is responsible to the Mayor and Council for all administrative operations in accordance with the policies established by Council and the Municipalities Act. The successful applicant will be a strong decision maker with high integrity providing guidance and support for staff and Council.
The successful candidate must possess superior verbal and written communication skills; including the ability to build trusted relationships with internal and external stakeholders. The position requires a strong knowledge in municipal accounting and finance; exhibit leadership and is community oriented.
The preferred candidate will have completed the Local Government Administration courses, successfully obtained a Standard Certificate from UMAAS, and poses 5 years of Municipal office experience with proficiency using Munisoft software and Microsoft Word and Excel.
This Municipal position offers a competitive salary and benefits based on qualifications and experience as per UMAAS 2021 Salary Guidelines.
This position is temporary starting September, 2022 for approximately a 1 year term.
In confidence, qualified candidates are encouraged to electronically submit their resume, a covering letter and salary expectations to the following address by no later than August 7, 2022. Email to email@example.com.
We thank all those who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Administrator, Town of Cut Knife
The Town of Cut Knife is offering a career opportunity as an Administrator for the municipality. Preference would be that the candidate have experience with the Munisoft software ledgers as well as the Microsoft Office software. Ideally a certification in place would be a definite asset. However with adequate business experience and willing to obtain the LGA certificate would be required.
For more information:
Please call 306-398-7617
Resumes can be sent to:
or by mail to
Cut Knife, Sask
Administrator, Resort Village of Kannata Valley
The Resort Village of Kannata Valley is seeking applications for the position of Administrator, The position is 32 hours a week, Monday – Thursday 8:00 a.m. to 4:00pm.
The Administrator oversees seasonal contractors and the Water Treatment Department and provides support to the Council.
The successful candidate must possess superior verbal and written communication skills; have strong knowledge in municipal accounting and finance; exhibit leadership and be community-oriented.
The ideal candidate will have computer skills including experience with MuniSoft, Microsoft office suite and have experience with budgeting, financial operations, assessment, taxation, and general office management. Preference will be given to those applicants that have their certificate in Local Government Authority, already possessing an Urban Standard Certificate or are willing to take the necessary classes to obtain their certification. The salary will be dependent on successful candidates’ experience and training. See the Urban Municipal Administrators Association of Saskatchewan (UMAAS) website for guidelines.
The successful candidate will be required to provide a criminal record check before the start of employment.
Potential start date of July 1, 2022, or as mutually agreed upon.
Please submit a cover letter with a resume including three work-related references by dropping off at the municipal office, 101 Cowen Road Kannata Valley, or mail to address below, or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application deadline – June 30, 2022
However, position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
Resort Village of Kannata Valley
P.O. Box 166, Silton, SK, S0G 4L0
The Resort Village of Kannata Valley is a quick 45-minute drive from Regina on Highway 11, a quick 15-minute drive from Lumsden on Highway 20 with access to Kannata Valley off Highway 322. We are located on the shores of Last Mountain Lake. Kannata Valley population through the winter months has 126 permanent residents increasing to over 300+ in the busy summer months.
We appreciate all applications but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Municipal Clerk, Village of Caronport
The Village of Caronport is currently seeking a part time municipal clerk.
- 21 hours per week – 7 hours per day
- 8:30am – 4:00pm with half an hour lunch break
- Benefits as offered by the Village of Caronport to all employees
- Municipal Employees Pension Plan
- 3 weeks annual vacation equal to number of hours worked
- 6 days sick leave to be earned at .5 (7 hour) days per month to a maximum of 6 days
- Wage range – $15.00/hr – $20.00/hr based on experience and qualifications
- Start date: July 4, 2022
- This position will give you the opportunity to grow into a full-time administrative assistant
Reporting to the Assistant Administrator, the Municipal Clerk is responsible for routine administrative functions in the municipal office. These duties include but are not limited to:
- Customer Service
- Type correspondence
- Making and receiving phone calls
- Keeping social media pages up to date
- Issuing receipts
- Data entry
- Ordering supplies
- Handling Mail
- Maintain filing system
Academic and Professional Qualifications:
- Minimum high school diploma
- Knowledge in Microsoft Office products
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Strong communication and organizational skills
Interested applicants should apply with a resume stating qualifications, experience and references before the deadline of June 22nd, 2022 to:
Village of Caronport
201 Valleyview Drive
Caronport, SK. S0H 0S0
Only those applicants chosen for an interview will be contacted. Thank you!
Manager of Finance / Assistant Chief Administrative Officer, Town of Langham
The Town of Langham is currently accepting applications for the out-of-scope, permanent full-time position of Manager of Finance/Assistant Chief Administrative Officer. This position is to start as soon as possible.
Responsible to the Chief Administrative Officer, the successful incumbent will be responsible for the following duties:
- Responsible for providing or ensuring the provision of a full range of financial services including preparing monthly financial statements, financial planning, disbursement of funds, revenue collection, financial control and reporting, accounts payables/receivables, payroll management, cash management, bank reconciliations, utility billings and banking.
- Oversees the provision of procurement/purchasing and property assessment services.
- Exercises statutory responsibilities under The Municipalities Act (MA) and other applicable federal and provincial legislation and Municipal Bylaws and Policies, as amended from time to time, related to receiving all money paid to the municipality, ensuring keeping and investing of all funds and securities, ensuring accurate records and full accounts of financial affairs are prepared and maintained, expending money in a manner authorized by Council, and other duties stated and or delegated under the MA or the CAO.
- Develops and maintains effective systems and records on financial and accounting functions.
- Plans, manages and directs all budgeting activities, leads in the preparation of the annual financial plan, assists with the budget submission to Council, and liaises with the CAO, Department Managers and Council during the budget cycle.
- Prepares annual financial statements for approval by Council and distributes monthly operating revenue and expenditure, utility revenue and expenditure, capital revenue and expenditure and quarterly reserve reports to the CAO, Council and departments as applicable.
- Directs the internal audit of programs and services to ensure compliance with Municipal financial procedures and standards and liaises with the Municipality’s auditor in connections with the financial audit.
- Oversees all payroll and group benefits functions for the Municipality.
- Acts in the capacity of CAO in the absence of the CAO from the workplace.
- Provides leadership to the Finance Department by establishing and monitoring financial policies and procedures in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and Public Sector Accounting Standards, The Municipalities Act and any other relevant legislation.
- Manages the Municipality’s insurance program.
- Prepares year end working papers in connection with the year end audit and liaises with external auditors and assists with audit requirements.
- Fosters positive and responsible working relationships with residents and other departments to enhance effective customer service.
- Participates as a member of the senior management team in planning for the provision of services to the residents of the Town.
- Performs any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
Experience and Qualifications
- Minimum 2 (years) of progressive experience in a financial related role or public sector accounting and proven experience and a working understanding of Munisoft applications including: Financials (General Leger & Custom Reporter, Accounts Payable, Paymate Acclaim or other payroll); Receivables (Tax Assessment, Utility Billing and Receivables, General Accounts Receivable, Receipting).
- Possession of a Professional Accounting Designation or equivalency of skills, qualifications and abilities with a related diploma would be an asset.
- Standard or Class “C” Saskatchewan Municipal certification.
- Exceptional knowledge of current financial practices including progressive experience in budget management, financial planning, assessment services and accounting.
- Ability to interpret bylaws, resolutions, contracts, official records and related legal documents.
- Good working knowledge of The Municipalities Act and other government and legislative financial management policies, standards and legislation.
- Above average analytical and verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrates a high level of integrity and professional conduct and is perceived as consistent, neutral and objective in business activities.
- Excellent computer skills, including advanced knowledge in Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and other Microsoft applications.
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment.
- The position is subject to a Criminal Record Check and a Vulnerable Sector Check.
- Must have a valid Saskatchewan Class 5 driver’s license.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
Reporting to the CAO, the incumbent is directly responsible for the supervision of one full-time employee and has authority to proceed to the written warning stage of the progressive discipline system.
Unique Position Requirements
- Attends meetings of Council, Committees, Public Hearings and other meetings as required by Council or the CAO.
- The nature of this position requires the incumbent to exercise tact and diplomacy in dealing with other staff, external agencies and citizens of the Town on issues related to management of the Town’s financial resources.
- Ability to balance multiple priorities, often with conflicting timelines in a fast-paced environment.
How to Apply
Thank you to all of those that apply but only those selected will be contacted for an interview. Applications will be taken until position is filled.
Chief Administrative Officer (CAO), Town of Nipawin
The Town of Nipawin (www.nipawin.com) is a safe, friendly, diverse, and welcoming community that provides employment and business opportunities for future growth and development, located on the forest fringe in the boreal area of northeastern Saskatchewan.
Nipawin is one of the largest towns in Saskatchewan, has a solid population of 4500, and offers a strong retail and service sector capable of serving the greater region. In addition to an array of shopping and dining opportunities, the Town offers exceptional indoor and outdoor recreational and cultural facilities and amenities. Boreal forest expands to the North, and some of the best agricultural land in Canada surrounds the area. These conditions have led to Nipawin becoming, and continuing to be known, as one of the best all season recreational areas anywhere.
The Chief Administrative Officer (CAO) reports directly to the Mayor and six Councillors, oversees a total combined budget of $14M, and is responsible for an overall staff complement of approximately 40 FTE’s, PT, and seasonal unionized employees (CUPE). In addition, the CAO directs the overall planning, coordination, and control of all municipal operations in accordance with the objectives, policies, bylaws, and plans as approved by Council, as well as legislation outlined in The Municipalities Act of Saskatchewan….and she/he is the primary policy advisor to Council.
The ideal candidate will possess a post-secondary diploma or degree in Business Administration, Commerce, Public Administration, or a related field, a minimum of a “Standard Level C Certificate” in Local Government Administration, together with seven (7) years of progressive experience in a municipal (or related public sector) environment. At the discretion of Council, a combination of related coursework and experience may be deemed suitable.
The CAO will also have:
- Experience working with Acts and Regulations applicable to local government, bylaws, policies, OH&S and the Labour Standards Act, municipal accounting practices, budgeting, and implementing capital works and infrastructure improvement programs.
- Demonstrated knowledge of The Municipalities Act of Saskatchewan and related statutes, or equivalent experience managing in a government environment.
A competitive salary, a comprehensive municipal benefits package, and MEPP (Municipal Employees’ Pension Plan) is available. Specifics will be discussed in further conversations.
For further information please visit our website, or contact:
DCG Executive Search Services Ltd.