This space is for FREE posting of administrator career openings! Please contact the Website Coordinator to make arrangements.
Assistant Administrator, Town of Southey
The Town of Southey is looking to hire an Assistant Administrator
This position is a 35 hours (5 days) work week. Duties include:
- Customer Service
- Receipting and deposits
- Website maintenance and updates
- Accounts Receivable
- Community Calendar
- Utility Billing and utility account maintenance
- Mail and other general office duties
- Other jobs as assigned by Council and Administrator
- One late afternoon/early evening shift is a possibility
- Running the office when the Administrator is away
QUALIFICATIONS FOR ASSISTANT ADMINISTRATOR
- High School Graduate or equivalent
- The ability to plan, organize, assign, review and coordinate the work of a municipal office
- Knowledge of Munisoft system
- Strong computer skills including proficient use of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Willing to obtain additional courses as required
- Experience with grant applications
Please email your resume to email@example.com or drop your resume off in person at the town office. Job will be posted until June 8, 2020 at 4:00 p.m.
Finance Manager, City of Humboldt
Located in the central part of Saskatchewan, one-hour east of Saskatoon on Highway #5, the City of Humboldt is a thriving, dynamic community for business, industry, health, education and culture with a population of 6,100 and a trading area population of over 30,000
The City of Humboldt invites submission of applications for the position of Finance Manager. Under the general direction of the Director of Corporate Services, the Finance Manager is responsible for the completeness and accuracy of the accounting procedures of the City and to provide accurate and timely financial information for decision-making purposes and to offer recommendations to the City Manager, the Director of Corporate Services and the other Department Heads on financial matters.
You will maintain control and accountability for the General Ledger and Accounts Payable, assist in the preparation of year end and create a strong working relationship with the City Auditors. You have experience in financial management roles, preferably in a municipal government setting. A Post-Secondary education in Accounting, Business Administration, Finance, Public Administration or a related field. A professional accounting designation is (CPA) preferred. Experience with Microsoft Dynamics/Great Plains software will be considered a strong asset.
The City offers a comprehensive benefits package and the opportunity to challenge your expertise in an evolving, growing community. Renumeration for this position ranges from $66,379 to $79,690 based on level of qualification and experience. Qualified individuals should forward their resumes, along with a 1-2-page letter demonstrating how your qualifications and/or experience match the position applied for by May 22, 2020 to:
City of Humboldt
Re: Finance Manager Competition
P.O. Box 640 – 715 Main Street
Humboldt, SK S0K 2A0
Fax: (306) 682-3144
Chief Administrative Officer, Northern Village of Green Lake
We are looking for a person interested in joining a hardworking team to provide service to a Community of 500 people nestled on the north shores of Green Lake. Gateway to northern Saskatchewan and located within the North Saskatchewan Administration District. This Urban Municipality is steeped in Metis and First Nations history. The community is considered a fishing mecca and a tourism destination.
- Accurate and confidential record keeping
- Compliance with Privacy Legislation requirements
- Maintain, develop and implement bylaws and agreements
- Financial leadership and budgeting
- Provide advice to Council on policies, programs, new initiatives and capital projects
- Provide leadership and direction to permanent and seasonal staff
- Taxation and assessment notices
- Ability to develop strong relationships with Council members and community
- Minimum Class “C” Certificate in Local Government Administration or Urban Standard Certificate
- Experience working in a municipal office
- Proficiency working with Munisoft software.
Applications will be accepted until a suitable applicant is found.
Individuals seeking a rewarding career opportunity with a progressive and supportive council are invited to submit their resume and references attention:
Chief Administrative Officer, Village of Neudorf
Neudorf is located in East Central Saskatchewan on Hwy 22, just minutes north of the beautiful and scenic Qu’Appelle Valley, and is east of Lemberg and Abernathy and west of Killaly. Over the years many athletes from this area have gone on to becoming notable figures in the sports scenes.
Individuals seeking a rewarding career opportunity with a progressive and supportative council are invited to submit their resume, in confidence, to the selection committee. This position is 4 days per week totalling approximately 110 hours per month.
Under the direction of Council, the CAO is responsible for the overall administration of the municipality in accordance with The Municipalities Act, and all related statutes, provincial regulations, and bylaws, policies and procedures established by Council.
- Accurate and confidential record keeping
- Taking and preparation of minutes
- Compliance with Privacy Legislation Requirements
- Maintain, develop and implement By-laws, and contracts/agreements as requested by Council
- Provide advice to Council on policies, programs, new initatives, and capital projects
- Provide leadership and direction to staff and oversee their work
- Tax and assessment notices
- Develop strong relationships with Council members and community members
- Act as an effective liaison between Council, staff and community
- Build and maintain strong partnerships with all levels of government and community.
- Holds or be eligible to hold a valid certificate of qualification pursuant to the Urban Municipal Administrator’s Act.
- Grade 12 graduate
- Minimum Standard “C” Certificate in Local Government Authority
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate positively with members of Council and the public
- Strong decision making skills
- Ability to handle deadlines and time management skills
- Experience with Munisoft, Excel would be an asset.
Salary range is dependent on qualifications and experience. A comprehensive benefits program is provided.
Interested candidates should submit their cover letter and resume, including references, and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org by noon on May 11, 2020.
We thank all who apply and express their interest. Only those selected applicants will be contacted.
Chief Administrative Officer, Town of Fort Qu’appelle
The Town of Fort Qu’appelle is currently accepting resumes for an experienced full-time Chief Administrative Officer. Under the direction of Council, the Chief Administrative Officer is responsible for the administration of the municipality in accordance with the Saskatchewan Municipalities Act and related statutes, provincial regulations, by-laws, policies and procedures as established by council.
The Town of Fort Qu’Appelle is a vibrant and thriving community of 2027 residents with a trading area of more than 9000 people. The Town of Fort Qu’Appelle is only 45 minutes from the City of Regina. In summer our population triples as Fort Qu’Appelle is nestled within the Qu’Appelle valley and is home to several recreation areas and lakes that provide camping, boating, fishing, and golfing throughout the summer and in winter you can participate in curling, hockey, snowmobiling, cross country and downhill skiing. Our community offers a broad-range of retail and government services, healthcare and education to meet your needs.
The incumbent would be a leader who is comfortable in working within a policy governance environment and experienced in a senior management role within a complex and diverse organization of municipal administration. The candidate must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, MuniSoft applications including Financials (General ledger, Tax), Accounts Payable, Paymate, Accounts Receivables, Utility Billing and Receipting.
Council is looking for candidates with a minimum Standard Certificate in Local Government Authority or a University degree in Public Administration. Along with education, it would be preferable the candidate possess 3-5 years of municipal experience which will include knowledge in Planning and Development Management, Human Resource management, strong decision making skills demonstrating excellent verbal and written communication and dealing effectively with council, public, stakeholders and staff in a timely environment.
Council is prepared to compensate the right candidate with a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefit package. Salary will be dependent on qualifications and experience.
In confidence, qualified candidates may choose to send their resume electronically or by mail. Be sure to include a cover letter, three work related references, a copy of your valid Saskatchewan driver’s license as well as a criminal record check. Job applications must be received no later than 4:00 pm, May 8th, 2020.
Attention “HR Committee – CAO Recruitment
Town of Fort Qu’Appelle,
Attention: “HR Committee – CAO Recruitment”
PO Box 309,
136 Boundary Ave. S.
Fort Qu’Appelle, Sk. S0G 1S0
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. If you wish to receive a complete job description, it will be provided upon request.